Welcome to craftswithcare!

Doll-making is my hobby. I sell most of my dolls on eBay and Etsy, except for a few which I give as gifts to family and friends.

I started out making my first cloth doll a few years ago. I have always loved cloth dolls and it had always been my wish to create my own dolls someday.

Nowadays I also make dolls using different media like paper clay, wood, felt etc. Some of my paper clay doll designs are inspired by Izannah Walker and other famous doll makers of yore. Most of my paper clay and wood dolls are one-of-a-kind. For my cloth dolls, I buy small quantities of fabrics at a time, so no two dolls will be alike. I also experiment with various doll-making techniques of my own.

I also enjoy collecting antique dolls, and reading and researching about different kinds of dolls.

The picture above is not a doll from days gone by, but a photo of my mother when she was a baby!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Best friends


One cold winter afternoon, I heard a light tap on the front door. I thought it was the wind, but then I heard the tap again. I had a feeling that all the dollies in the room were a little anxious, as if they knew who had been standing on the other side of the door. I heard the light tap again for the third time. The dog started barking too. I had to get up and open the door.
I was surprised to find a small frail child with unkempt hair standing in front of me. I picked her up and brought her inside. She said her name was Rosie.
Everyone wanted to introduce themselves to this sweet little child. The bisque head girls came first followed by the china head ladies, then came the German celluloid boys, even the grumpy old Minerva head was curious to see her.
Rosie was scared at first to see so many dolls surrounding her. She particularly didn't like the clown in the blue jumpsuit. And then she saw Violet, one of the smaller bisque dolls. Violet was about the same height as Rosie and was also the youngest of all the dolls present. Rosie never had a friend before. Neither had Violet. They were very happy to meet each other. They played together for a long time.

The celluloid boys prepared tea for everyone.


I heard Violet telling all the other dolls that Rosie was her best friend.


Rosie had never seen a dog before. She is getting used to the big furry baby who loves to give Rosie kisses every opportunity she gets.



Rosie is the newest member of the MB doll family.

No comments:

Pictures of dolls that I made using patterns provided by sweetmeadowsfarm.

Copyrighted designs, reproduced with permission.

Addie and Brownie

Annabel and Anjelika

Precious Dottie

Thanks for looking!