Welcome to craftswithcare!

Doll-making is my hobby. I sell most of my dolls on eBay and Etsy, except for a few which I give as gifts to family and friends.

I started out making my first cloth doll a few years ago. I have always loved cloth dolls and it had always been my wish to create my own dolls someday.

Nowadays I also make dolls using different media like paper clay, wood, felt etc. Some of my paper clay doll designs are inspired by Izannah Walker and other famous doll makers of yore. Most of my paper clay and wood dolls are one-of-a-kind. For my cloth dolls, I buy small quantities of fabrics at a time, so no two dolls will be alike. I also experiment with various doll-making techniques of my own.

I also enjoy collecting antique dolls, and reading and researching about different kinds of dolls.

The picture above is not a doll from days gone by, but a photo of my mother when she was a baby!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Arabelle, an Izannah Walker inspired paper clay doll!

Arabelle has been inspired by the Izannah Walker dolls at the Rosalie Whyel Museum of Doll Art.

Arabelle is a hand sculpted doll made in the style of the Izannah Walker dolls. She has a cloth body, cloth arms and legs. Her head has been hand sculpted using paper clay.

SOLD! She currently lives in Pennsylvania.

She went on eBay tonight. She is a one-of-a-kind doll and will never be reproduced. I could not recreate the same doll even if I wanted to.



Please click on Arabelle eBay Auction below to visit her eBay auction....


Arabelle eBay Auction


~MB, craftswithcare

8 comments:

Lone Pierette said...

MITHUA - This is your BEST doll ever - she is awsome !! Good luck on Ebay !

hugs Lone

craftswithcare said...

Thank you Lone! It means a lot coming from you!

Hugs,
Mithua

Maggie/Cedar Hill Rustics said...

She is beautiful Mithua. I can't wait to try a Izannah Walker doll. I think it will be fun.... or maybe just challenging.

Blessings Maggie

Kelly~MysticalEntities said...

Wow she is awesome!!!

craftswithcare said...

Thank you Maggie and Kelly for your sweet comments!

Maggie, I can't wait to see your Izannah doll!

Hugs,
Mithua

Marilyn said...

Oh, Mithua, she is so beautiful! It's fun seeing the 'before' version of her too. Love her!!!
Hugs, Marilyn:)

Judy said...

Mithua....This is your best doll! I just love her sweet face. Piece of art!!!!!!!!!

Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Cutie!! Thanks for stopping by.... I love your dollies! They are gorgeous and OH YOUR BEAUTIFUL dog.... Love it, love it..... Hugs, MO

PS I have added your link

Pictures of dolls that I made using patterns provided by sweetmeadowsfarm.

Copyrighted designs, reproduced with permission.

Addie and Brownie

Annabel and Anjelika

Precious Dottie

Thanks for looking!