Welcome to craftswithcare!

Doll-making is my hobby. I sell most of my dolls on eBay and Etsy, except for a few which I give as gifts to family and friends.

I started out making my first cloth doll a few years ago. I have always loved cloth dolls and it had always been my wish to create my own dolls someday.

Nowadays I also make dolls using different media like paper clay, wood, felt etc. Some of my paper clay doll designs are inspired by Izannah Walker and other famous doll makers of yore. Most of my paper clay and wood dolls are one-of-a-kind. For my cloth dolls, I buy small quantities of fabrics at a time, so no two dolls will be alike. I also experiment with various doll-making techniques of my own.

I also enjoy collecting antique dolls, and reading and researching about different kinds of dolls.

The picture above is not a doll from days gone by, but a photo of my mother when she was a baby!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rags to Riches!




I am the founder of a new group on eBay called Rags to Riches Dolls (R2RD). I thank every single member for joining it and helping in making it a big success. This group is mainly for one-of-a-kind doll makers to get together, chat, and discuss various doll making techniques. The artists in our group range from doll makers who specialize in primitive dolls of yesteryear to modern dolls of today.
We will be having our first group launch during the end of April. The theme of our group launch will be an Izannah Walker inspired doll in any medium like paper clay, cloth, or wood. The doll artists in our group are extremely talented, so please do not forget to check out our auctions during the R2RD group launch.
Right now we have 21 members in our group. Please take a look at what we have to offer by clicking on the eBay user ids below:

andras*whimsy*prims


arabesqueclay


backporchpeddler


bonameechi


birdy207


cedarhillrustics


chickadee_primitives


craftswithcare


dolls_of_yore


dukkeskolen


hooptyhooha


Jill Ball (rensler)


jojocrowprimitives


luv2makeartdolls


mystical*entities


paintedheartdesigns


piecakeprim


sagittariusdreams


sew-artistic


tatteredcowwings


whimzikl_endeavors





~MB, craftswithcare

No comments:

Pictures of dolls that I made using patterns provided by sweetmeadowsfarm.

Copyrighted designs, reproduced with permission.

Addie and Brownie

Annabel and Anjelika

Precious Dottie

Thanks for looking!