Welcome to craftswithcare!

Doll-making is my hobby. I sell most of my dolls on eBay and Etsy, except for a few which I give as gifts to family and friends.

I started out making my first cloth doll a few years ago. I have always loved cloth dolls and it had always been my wish to create my own dolls someday.

Nowadays I also make dolls using different media like paper clay, wood, felt etc. Some of my paper clay doll designs are inspired by Izannah Walker and other famous doll makers of yore. Most of my paper clay and wood dolls are one-of-a-kind. For my cloth dolls, I buy small quantities of fabrics at a time, so no two dolls will be alike. I also experiment with various doll-making techniques of my own.

I also enjoy collecting antique dolls, and reading and researching about different kinds of dolls.

The picture above is not a doll from days gone by, but a photo of my mother when she was a baby!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tagged again:)

I´m tagged by my friend Lone of dukkesloken

This is fun and really neat. You come up with six words that sum up your life. Ernest Hemingway was bet $10 that he couldn't sum up his life in six words. He won that bet when he wrote, "For sale, baby shoes, never worn." You can go to Bookbabie's blog and read about the book that was inspired by his quote and how it influenced her to start this meme.

Okay here's the Rules:1. Write your own six word memoir... 2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like... 3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible, so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere... 4. Tag Four more blogs with links ...5. Remember to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!
Now I gotta tag 4, so let's see, how about.....

1. Mary of sewdeartome
2. Marilyn of multicolor
3. Deanna of blueherondolls
4. Lorraine of piecakeprimitives


My 6 words : Behind gloom is joy. Take joy.

~MB, craftswithcare

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

This is an interesting tag! Ernest Hemingway, I'm not:), but I'll give it a whirl! LOVE your six words!
Hugs, Marilyn:-)

Pictures of dolls that I made using patterns provided by sweetmeadowsfarm.

Copyrighted designs, reproduced with permission.

Addie and Brownie

Annabel and Anjelika

Precious Dottie

Thanks for looking!