Welcome to craftswithcare!

Doll-making is my hobby. I sell most of my dolls on eBay and Etsy, except for a few which I give as gifts to family and friends.

I started out making my first cloth doll a few years ago. I have always loved cloth dolls and it had always been my wish to create my own dolls someday.

Nowadays I also make dolls using different media like paper clay, wood, felt etc. Some of my paper clay doll designs are inspired by Izannah Walker and other famous doll makers of yore. Most of my paper clay and wood dolls are one-of-a-kind. For my cloth dolls, I buy small quantities of fabrics at a time, so no two dolls will be alike. I also experiment with various doll-making techniques of my own.

I also enjoy collecting antique dolls, and reading and researching about different kinds of dolls.

The picture above is not a doll from days gone by, but a photo of my mother when she was a baby!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Irene and Rosabel on eBay

I listed two new dolls on eBay tonight.

The first is Rosabel. Rosabel is a jointed cloth doll. The body pattern is by Claire Pruitt. She has been made for my eBay group Prim and Whimsy Girls 'Art in Bloom' challenge.




The second is Irene, a Patriotic cloth doll. Irene is based on a pattern by Susan Fosnot. She is made in the style of the Columbian dolls of Emma Adams.





MB, craftswithcare


8 comments:

Marilyn said...

I've missed you...but I see you've been creating some beautiful dolls! Mithua, you really do some amazing work!

Kelly~MysticalEntities said...

Mithua she is beautiful!

Hugs
Kelly

Harris said...

Mithua,
They are incredible, you have a wonderful talent, keep creating!

Hugz,
Krista

craftswithcare said...

Thank you Marilyn, Kelly and Krista for your sweet comments regarding my work!

Hugs,
Mithua

Unknown said...

Mithua,
I havent been around much and wanted to say howdy!!!!!! Like i have said so many times before, and i probably sound like a broken record, I love to see what you are working on, its always a suprise and treat!!!!!!!! Hope all is well!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Unknown said...

Oh Beautiful Pennycloth doll!!! I still have not finished mine!!!!!!Its been...I think 2 years... I am such a procrastinator!

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

she is gorgeous mith... robin

craftswithcare said...

Thank you Jackie and Robin for your kind words! It is so wonderful to see you here!

Hugs,
Mithua

Pictures of dolls that I made using patterns provided by sweetmeadowsfarm.

Copyrighted designs, reproduced with permission.

Addie and Brownie

Annabel and Anjelika

Precious Dottie

Thanks for looking!