Welcome to craftswithcare!

Doll-making is my hobby. I sell most of my dolls on eBay and Etsy, except for a few which I give as gifts to family and friends.

I started out making my first cloth doll a few years ago. I have always loved cloth dolls and it had always been my wish to create my own dolls someday.

Nowadays I also make dolls using different media like paper clay, wood, felt etc. Some of my paper clay doll designs are inspired by Izannah Walker and other famous doll makers of yore. Most of my paper clay and wood dolls are one-of-a-kind. For my cloth dolls, I buy small quantities of fabrics at a time, so no two dolls will be alike. I also experiment with various doll-making techniques of my own.

I also enjoy collecting antique dolls, and reading and researching about different kinds of dolls.

The picture above is not a doll from days gone by, but a photo of my mother when she was a baby!

Friday, November 21, 2008

'Twas The Night Before Christmas Challenge



My group Rags to Riches Dolls is having its third group challenge of 2008. The theme of the challenge is 'Twas The Night Before Christmas.

Since the day we moved to our new place, I had not been getting the inspiration to create any new dolls. Well...not anymore. Our group challenge started on the 16th of this month. I got so inspired seeing all the amazing creations by my group members that all of a sudden I had this urge to create something. And then... I could hear the doll in the next room, that I had started making in my previous home. She was screaming at me to pick her up and start painting her shoes and sew her clothes.


Meet Hollie, a very sweet girl. She is ready to go to her grandma's house to celebrate Christmas Eve with her.



Hollie's face has been oil-painted. She has been inspired by a very dear child I know.

Roxy, my golden pup, kept following Hollie anywhere she went.



Please click below to visit Hollie's eBay auction.


Hollie eBay Auction


~Mithua Bose, craftswithcare

4 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

Beautiful dolls. My favorites are Annabel and Anjelikatiful

Grandma Shell said...

You make very unique dolls! I was browsing around, looking for a picture to inspire me as to what my flower fairy should look like, when I 'stumbled' across your site. We both have the same fairy and our initials are the same! Plus we both live in WA. Now how's all that for coincidence? My blogspot is On The Farm Quilts. Come on over for a visit.

Have a GREAT day! (tomorrow, now!)

Shashi Nayagam said...

You make beautiful dolls. I love your renditon of the Indian doll in this style. You are very talented. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your comments. Can I add your blog to my links?

Shashi Nayagam said...

Thank you for the wishes yes you can add my blog link I shall do the same. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Pictures of dolls that I made using patterns provided by sweetmeadowsfarm.

Copyrighted designs, reproduced with permission.

Addie and Brownie

Annabel and Anjelika

Precious Dottie

Thanks for looking!