Welcome to craftswithcare!

Doll-making is my hobby. I sell most of my dolls on eBay and Etsy, except for a few which I give as gifts to family and friends.

I started out making my first cloth doll a few years ago. I have always loved cloth dolls and it had always been my wish to create my own dolls someday.

Nowadays I also make dolls using different media like paper clay, wood, felt etc. Some of my paper clay doll designs are inspired by Izannah Walker and other famous doll makers of yore. Most of my paper clay and wood dolls are one-of-a-kind. For my cloth dolls, I buy small quantities of fabrics at a time, so no two dolls will be alike. I also experiment with various doll-making techniques of my own.

I also enjoy collecting antique dolls, and reading and researching about different kinds of dolls.

The picture above is not a doll from days gone by, but a photo of my mother when she was a baby!

Monday, September 27, 2010

"Rangeela, the Gypsy girl"~In Celebration of the Doll~The Gypsy Magical Carnival


My entry for "The Magical Gypsy Carnival" 2010 Treasures of the Gypsy Challenge is "Rangeela, the Gypsy girl". Gypsies originated in India and Rangeela means colorful in Hindi, my native language.



Rangeela's face has been inspired by a picture of a gypsy girl.



Rangeela will be touring the special exhibit "In Celebration of the Doll" to be seen at the International quilt market & festival at Houston.
I will be mailing Rangeela tomorrow.



Below is Rangeela's trusted Boa constrictor, keeping a watch over her goodies. Wooden Boa constrictor has been nailed to the tray. The chest Rangeela is sitting on has also been securely nalied to the tray, and so is the silver basket. Just want everything to reach Houston in one piece :o).



Fabrics and trims provided by the Gypsy Challenge Curator. I had to use these fabrics and trims, plus things of my own choosing.




~Mithua Bose, craftswithcare

1 comment:

anna said...

Obviously I'm working backwards through your blog, but this is just incredible - all those glorious colours and I keep expecting her little arms to move! I hope she was much admired on her special day.

Pictures of dolls that I made using patterns provided by sweetmeadowsfarm.

Copyrighted designs, reproduced with permission.

Addie and Brownie

Annabel and Anjelika

Precious Dottie

Thanks for looking!