Welcome to craftswithcare!

Doll-making is my hobby. I sell most of my dolls on eBay and Etsy, except for a few which I give as gifts to family and friends.

I started out making my first cloth doll a few years ago. I have always loved cloth dolls and it had always been my wish to create my own dolls someday.

Nowadays I also make dolls using different media like paper clay, wood, felt etc. Some of my paper clay doll designs are inspired by Izannah Walker and other famous doll makers of yore. Most of my paper clay and wood dolls are one-of-a-kind. For my cloth dolls, I buy small quantities of fabrics at a time, so no two dolls will be alike. I also experiment with various doll-making techniques of my own.

I also enjoy collecting antique dolls, and reading and researching about different kinds of dolls.

The picture above is not a doll from days gone by, but a photo of my mother when she was a baby!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bellevue Doll club



I went to the doll club meeting after missing it for the last couple of months. It was wonderful meeting old friends and making new ones too, while hubby looked after my most precious doll, our son, Ronnie.
At the meeting I met a very well known doll artist Rita Keizer and got a lot of goodies and great tips from her. It was so generous of her to share all those wonderful tips and also give us stuff from her craft stash.
The doll below was made by our group member Dianne Magnuson for the Gypsy Carnival Challenge which will be touring the Doll and Quilt Expo at Houston, Texas.



The doll below was made by Rita Keizer. It is a Queen Anne style doll.



The dolls in the picture below are all made by me. The fabric and all the goodies on the left were given to me by dollmaker, Rita Keizer.



It was such a treat coming back home from the doll club and seeing the table set for dinner. Thanks to my hubby for preparing the delicious chicken dinner.



~Mithua Bose, craftswithcare

No comments:

Pictures of dolls that I made using patterns provided by sweetmeadowsfarm.

Copyrighted designs, reproduced with permission.

Addie and Brownie

Annabel and Anjelika

Precious Dottie

Thanks for looking!